Monday, December 20, 2010

Taking A Break

We arrived in Illinois Thursday night and tomorrow we will head back to Texas via Joplin. We have had a wonderful time in this place we called home only three and a half year ago.

We have visited with friends. And laughed and cried and prayed and had fun. Lots of fun. I had a pedicure. How wonderful that was. We ate at Fortel's Pizza Den after church yesterday, one of our all time favorite pizza places. Saturday night we were treated to dinner at Vito's Italian restaurant in St. Louis and the Mannheim Steamrollers Christmas concert in the historic Fox theater, a beautiful theater that is far more elaborate than the Orpheum in Memphis. It was a great concert. And as a bonus, we got to see a few people making very interesting fashion statements.

There have been several cups of coffee consumed at St. Louis bread company and few more to go before we leave. Catching up with friends as we sip on our coffee.

I have been uplifted and encouraged, something I desperately needed. And I have not done any work. I always have work to do and need to be working on year end stuff, but I think a few days break from work has been a much needed thing also.

I am thankful for this time in Illinois, thankful for good friends and good memories.

Terri

No comments: