Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Clueless

That would be me and I am not even blond.

I like to read. In fact, I love to read. Once upon a time, I kept up with what books were on the bestselling list. I knew a lot about different authors, even the ones of which I was not particularly fond. Saturday, as we had a fairly long layover in Atlanta, I strolled through a bookstore in the airport. I haven't seen the best seller list in months or years. There were author's names I had never heard of, much less knowing anything about what they wrote.

Yesterday, I went shopping in Amarillo. I just went a couple of places, but I was shocked at the new gadgets and electronic devices. I did not even know what some of them were for. I am guessing I don't need one.

I went into the music department at the Christian bookstore and, again, did not recognize several new artists' names. And other music, I sure had never heard of some of those names. And movies, I haven't seen one in ages. Couldn't even begin to name even one major hit this year.

I never meant to live in my own little world. I had every intention of keeping up with what was being read, and being watched and being listened to and being worn and being played with in America. I just run out of time before I get around to these things.

I guess if it is not happening at Casa de Esperanza, then I don't know it is happening at all, thus leaving me pretty clueless.

Terri

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad, Terri! I live in the states and am almost as clueless as you are! I don't know how people find time for all those things!