Saturday, December 4, 2010

Marketing With Maryuri

Yesterday Maryuri had an appointment at Teleton and it was market day. I decided Miss Maryuri could go to the market with me after we finished at Teleton.

We arrived at the market around 10:30 which is not too far past opening on Friday. I dropped off my list for the fruits and vegetables and we headed for other places. I bought vanilla. I had to stop at two or three places before I found matches. Then I stopped and bought 2 sweet breads, one for Maryuri and one for me. We then walked over to get our cheeses.

Since it was early, some of the vendors were still setting up their stalls. There were many trucks bringing in produce. Most of the vendors are in stalls, but some just walk around asking people to buy from them. Maryuri was mesmerized by the hustle and bustle of the opening of the market and was nibbling on her sweet bread. A vendor selling kitchen knives was trying to get me to buy some of his knives. They were good knives and I might have been interested if I had had a bit more time.

Maryuri looked up and saw this man holding a knife in front of me. She moved a little closer to me and grabbed my hand. After I paid for my cheeses, we began to make our way back over to pay for the fruits and vegetables.

I did not have to worry about Maryuri wandering off. She tightly held my hand and wouldn't let go.

I enjoyed taking her to the market. I am not sure she enjoyed going as much as I enjoyed taking her.

Terri

No comments: