Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bathing A Moving Target

I was so glad when the rainy season ended. It had rained unendingly for days and weeks. We are just barely into the dry season and already we are having water problems. The two nights I worked last week and again tonight, we have had to haul water for the kids' showers. Hauling water is hard work, but fortunately water does not have to be hauled far. I guess the pila is close to the bathrooms and the kitchen by design.

The boys take quick showers when the water has to be hauled. There is not a lot of water in which to shower. Little Josue still needs help with his bath. After I haul that water, I dip some out and pour over him. That is when he goes into motion. He runs all over the shower. He squeals, not in delight, he flaps his arms like he is trying to fly and he stomps his feet. There is no way to bathe him when he does all that without getting wet. He is so animated, it is almost like watching cartoons and just as funny. Tonight, I decided to gently hold his arm so he could not run all over the shower. He did not run all over the shower, but it did not slow him down one bit. He ran as far as he could in one direction and then would run backward in the other direction. I know he does not like that cold water being poured over him, but he sure is funny.

I got him out of the shower and got some warm jammies on him.

Terri

1 comment:

mandnfitz said...

I have to bathe a little moving target every day, but she loves the water.