Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Homework

Jackson and Cindy have homework to complete while they are out of school. They have to do a whole workbook of handwriting. Getting them to do this is not very fun. Jackson is better at doing his than Cindy is. Today was one of those days with Cindy. Not only was she not going to work in the workbook, she was not going to do anything that anyone said.

When Marc got home at 4:00, I told him I resign. He thought I was teasing.

It was close to 5:00 before Cindy finished what she had been told to do. We had only been working on it since 9:00.

Later, during showers I walked through the house doing something. Little Manuel was in the playpen as supper was also being prepared while the kids were taking showers. I just happened to notice that he had an Aprende Conmigo, the workbook, in the playpen with him. And he was busy ripping it to shreds. When I reached in to rescue the Aprende Conmigo, I could tell he was quite proud of himself. I quickly grabbed all the pieces. I got Jackson's and looked at his. I realized the last page of Cindy's was gone. I looked and looked for that last page.

I didn't tell Cindy about the workbook. I would hate for her to think she had to do all that work over again. And, I didn't want her to do something to the baby. I brought it down here and I am going to tape it back together. Right before I left for the day, I found the last page in another room. I don't know how it got there, but it will be taped back into the book., and Cindy can continue to work tomorrow.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hey Terri,
I can tell you have a whole lot more patience than I do. When I have had to help Jaden and Maddie with homework I pass the buck to Pearley. I always tell him the truth, "I am too old for this".
He is too but he has a world of patience compared to me. Sounds like Cindy got on your last nerve today. Bless your heart.