Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Day Before The Day Before Christmas

Today, both of my kids and their families left for Texas to be with grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. I was a little bit sad that we weren't on our way, too. We will miss family this year. I am soooooo glad that Karen and Dorian can be home for Christmas this year. Karen has not been home for Christmas since she came here four years ago.

What sadness I felt missing my own family was quickly erased by the nineteen eager faces that are anticipating Christmas here. They are insane. And tomorrow may be worse. They have been asking for weeks how many days. They are asking how many hours and soon may be asking how minutes or seconds.

Brayan put on a Santa hat; Jackson put on reindeer antlers. Brayan sat on the front of the ottoman and loaded the back with toys. Jackson got on his knees and pulled the ottoman around the playroom. It was very cute.

Linda and Siomara spent all day making tamales for tomorrow. Linda was standing on a stool stirring with the biggest wooden spoon I have ever seen.

Due to the fact my internet was out most of November and December, I finished my Christmas shopping weeks ago. But in true Marc Tindall fashion, he has been out frantically racing around the crowded city of Tegucigalpa the last three days. I know you are remembering the beans, Cynthia. Marc arrived home around 6:00 this evening with the last four presents for the kids.

We are really short staffed tomorrow and Friday so our employees can be with their families. I think there is going to be a lot of playing outside tomorrow. I want those guys good and tired tomorrow night.

I hope if you are traveling, you have a safe trip. And I wish everyone the merriest Christmas of all. Enjoy that precious family time.

Terri

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Well, Terri...You and Marc are the "Christmas angels" this year for sure! Those little children are so blessed to have you. I will pray for energy for you guys!!! :)

Have a great day tomorrow and Christmas Day with those excited, precious children. (Makes me tired just thinking about it!) :)

Love you!

Ginger said...

Dear Terri, Marc and 19 little ones,
From our house to yours, we hope you have a safe and happy holiday season and a great 2010!! Merry Christmas!! Ginger and Pearley

VIC'S PLACE said...

Marc and Terri,

Have a safe and Merry Christmas. Christmas is the day we find out if our upcoming grandchild is a boy or girl.

Love ya,

Vicki and Dennis

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for being their family! God's heart is bursting with joy because of the love you & Marc are showering on those precious children. I wish I was there with you all so I could see the expressions of joy on Christmas morning!

Love to you, Marc, & all the sweet angels of Casa de Esperanza!

Sherry Hubright

Anonymous said...

I bet those kids are WILD! Hope you get a little rest ....sometime! Love you guys! Merry Christmas!

Linda Wilis