Wednesday, December 30, 2009

An Afternoon At The Movies

Karen and Dorian have been gone three weeks. Karen makes this all day, every day kid care look easy. I already knew it was not as easy as she makes it look. I just did not know how hard it really was until she left.

For the most part, I am managing well, but exhausted every night. Of course, there have been a few problems.

A group from Ohio is here and staying in Tegucigalpa. They wanted to take the kids to a movie and for pizza this afternoon. Everyone got their showers before they left. They were excited to be going. Marc and Dilcia were going. I was not. The kids were saying," you are not going, poor Terri." I was kind of thinking, " I am not going, lucky me," but I would not tell them that.

Saturday is my day off and I did not take advantage of the kids being gone to take another half day off. I worked on some much needed tasks like paper work. I also worked on the inventory in the store. Sounds boring. After three weeks with 19 kids, I love boring.

I will get them to bed when they return. Won't that be fun, after they have had soda and candy and who knows what else. I hope they had as wonderful of a time as I did.

Terri

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered what movie they took them to. Glad you took a much needed break! When Karen comes home,
I hope you have time to recouperate!

Love you!
Linda Willis

kdv4jc said...

thanks for all you are doing, i am sure you are going to have so many adventures and stories to tell me by the time i get there! Just remember dec, 12th as marc says you will get your Christmas present! love ya!

kdv4jc said...

i mean jan 12th!red

Ginger said...

I guess you were like a caged lion and very for some peace and quiet by the time they all left for the movies. I can't imagine what it feels like to get 19 kids ready and in bed. When I just have maddie, jaden and bella I am pulling my hair out at bedtime because the 3 of them will not go on to sleep and are giggling and jumping on the bed. Not to mention Jaden doing his usaul thing with passing gas and making us die of his odors.
19 with stomach gas and hopped up on sugar, I just cannot imagine the chaoes.
I begin keeping jaden and maddie sunday at 8 am till the following Sunday and i will be telling you by email all that the 2 of them are getting into and the roller coaster I will be riding.
love you. Hang in there till the calvary in the name of Karen gets back.