Thursday, February 5, 2009

Great Things Come In Small Packages

Without going into detail, suffice it to say it has been a hard week. Physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It would be easy to get bogged down in that.

First of all, I need to remember that, in the name of Jesus, one house was built for a young mother and her children and the people at the dump were fed.

Also, I received many great small packages this week. An email from an old friend. An email from a friend saying she prayed extra for me this week. An email saying extra money was going into our account this month. As we worry and fret about rising prices, the deposit email indicated a new monthly Casa sponsor. In the mail, I had a package with Jergen's lotion, my favorite shampoo and a new James Patterson book. Another package, not only had my prescription, (many people don't know it, but they are thankful that came), but milky ways and cashews. It doesn't get much better than that, reading James Patterson and eating a milky way at the same time.

Today, the email devotion was about being renewed and refreshed. Just what I needed.

God is good...all the time. He know just what I need and supplies it everytime. I am thankful today for each one of these large gifts that came in small packages.

Terri

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

That's great, Terri! I love "small packages", too. And, I also love James Patterson books! Didn't know we had that in common. I may have some at my house if you're interested in borrowing them.