Saturday, February 14, 2009

Friday the Thirteenth

When Matt finished at Harding in December and there was a baby on the way, Matt and Nicole's first thought was to stay in Searcy to live and work until the baby came. We kind of encouraged them to move to Baton Rouge to be nearer Matt's family. After they talked and prayed about this possibility, they decided that was a good option for them.

Matt went to Baton Rouge in mid January, found an apartment and started job interviews. He received a callback from one company. He drove back to Searcy. He and Nicole packed everything they owned and headed to Baton Rouge. They stayed at Matt's parents' house for a week or so.

Nicole sort of found a job and sat through three days of training and they moved into their apartment. She decided the equipment she had to carry was to heavy to haul around while she is pregnant and quit the job before she really started.

Both Matt and Nicole were having some good interviews. Nicole was a bit frustrated that jobs were not being offered. We were getting daily updates about the job interviews and where they sent their resumes, etc.

Yesterday morning Matt told me they both had second interviews. I was in the candle shop when my phone rang. It was Nicole. She was bubbling with excitement. She had a job. I was excited for her. I still struggle communicating in spanish when I give it my full attention, but there is no way when I am multi-tasking, therefore, I had to get off the phone. I hope she knew I was more excited than it possibly sounded.

Around 4:30, Nicole called again and said Matt had a job, too. She said Friday the thirteenth sure has not been unlucky for us.

Praise God that Friday the thirteenth was really a lucky day for Matt and Nicole.

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news for Nicole and Matt! God provides! The song: "His eye is on the sparrow...." is so true! God bless your hands and heart!
Donna

VIC'S PLACE said...

Congrats to Nicole and Matt. I didn't know that she was pregnant. Let us know if she finds out what she's having.

VIC'S PLACE said...

Friday the 13th is good luck in our family. I was born on Friday the 13th, my parents married on Friday the 13th and my dad got out of the service on Friday the 13th.