Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rosita's Testing

Rosita had her testing this morning. She had to be kept awake all night. Karen and Dorian had a slumber party with her last night. She could not eat or drink anything after 3:00 a.m. So, she ate until 3:00.

At 3:00, she was ready to get dressed and at 5:00 she was ready to come down here. We were up. No problem. Her appointment was at 7:00 and she and Marc left here at 5:30. Not that it really takes that long to get to town. But she kept pointing at the door and finally wore Marc down.

These results are very conclusive. She has no hearing in her left hear and only at 110 decibels in her right. That is rock concert level. It is not correctible.

Now we go to plan B and we all learn sign language.

Please keep this precious little girl in your prayers.

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry she has no hearing but you will love the sign language. The children will pick it up easily and it will be something else you will be able to do. I used to work with handicaped children and we did a bit of sign language and if the children have any learning disabilities the sign language is a great tool for helping them learn. Sometimes things they cannot understand come to life better with the sign language. That is a upside to learning a bit of it. Good to hear from you. linda

Anonymous said...

I know those are not the results that we had hoped for, however, God is still God, (I know you know that) and He has no limits on what HE can do in her life. Most importantly she is safe and she is loved! love y'all, Janet

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! We prayed for a different outcome, but I know God has a plan for this little precious one. Sign language will be great and will give everyone at Casa an additional way to communicate! When my brother and I were young, we would finger-spell in church because we were not allowed to talk. It was like breaking the rules without breaking the rules! How delicious that seemed!! I have sign language books and have taken several adult ed classes at FPC in sign, so if you need info, let me know and I'll see about getting you books, etc.
Love in Him, Suzan