Friday, October 3, 2008

And The Walls Came Tumbling Down

This is the door that was closed up yesterday and the new one that was cut today.

Cutting the rebar in a concrete beam with boltcutters

The bottom beam


The top beam as it falls


I just happened to stroll through the construction site at the cottage as one of the bodega walls was being torn down with a sledge hammer. I had been trying to get a handle on some of the labor laws and I would have loved to taken that sledge hammer and given the wall a few blows.



I ran down to the house to get my camera and the wall was just about gone when I returned. The top and bottom beams and the supporting beams (all made of solid concrete) were all that was left. I got to see the top beam fall.



The roof beams will start going on early next week.



Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

HI,
I am positive you didn't miss your calling but you certainly are qualified to make a good reporter. i feel as if I am there.
I feel confident that God wants you right where you are but thanks for the pictures and the before and after stuff is great.

I am sure Bill Brumley and Michael Brumley are smiling in heaven together.
Love you,
Ginger