Friday, April 4, 2008

Pray, Terri

Yesterday morning was a big test day at school. I drove the kids to school and pulled up so they could get out of the car by the gate. I put the car in park and said bye. Fitto said "Pray, Terri. Pray. Exams. They are learning english just as I am learning spanish. I said I would have to pray in english. They all said that was ok. I turned the engine off and we all bowed our heads. I prayed for each one of them by name to do well, not only on their exam, but with their behavior and attitude as well. Then everyone jumped out of the car yelling goodbye.

When I went back to school at 12:30, the third graders, Brayan and Pamela, came to the car first. They did not have to take their exam. Brayan thought it was an answered prayer. Maybe his, not mine. The first graders had to take their test. Cindy said it was not too bad. Mario had no response. The second graders said they did not have to take their test either.

I thought it was really sweet that they wanted to pray before their exam and wanted me to be the one that prayed for them.

Terri

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
It always makes me feel better when YOU pray for me and my family too.
Love,
Ginger

Unknown said...

hey terri! its great to have your blog and keep up. we'll be at the family reunion in june, will yall be there? and nicole? yall are in our prayers.