Friday, April 11, 2008

The Dry Season Continues

The dry season continues in Honduras. We see fires raging everyday and pray it is just the mountainside and not more homes. We are having to conserve water in as many ways as possible. We have run out of water a couple of times at Casa de Esperanza.

We were in Nueva Oriental earlier in the week. There is no running water in this community and the water has to be trucked in. The creek is a long way from the community and is dry right now. I could not help but notice how dirty some of the children were. When there is no water, what choice is there?

When we are in the communities, it is so dry and dusty. I know how dirty I feel when we get home at night. I know how thirsty I am. Imagine being dirty and not being able to take a shower or wash your clothes. Imagine looking at your little child and seeing her face and clothes caked with dirt and not being able to do anything about it. But right now every child in Nueva Oriental is dirty. Imagine being thirsty and not having water to drink.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

No I CANNOT imagine being DIRTY OR THIRSTY and not having water to take a bath in or drink.

I thank God every day that I do have the necessities of this life.
Love,Ginger