Sunday, December 4, 2016

A Day Of Celebrations

Another busy day. Another busy week. 

Saturday had so many events that we weren't sure how we could get it all done.

The El Faro kids had a program at 9:00.  Not at their school, which is far enough away, but at a big church in Tegucigalpa.  We left late and arrived late.  But, they never start on time.  We were served nacatamales, traditional Christmas food.  Shortly after the program began. 

The programs at  El Faro are always nicely and tastefully done.  Each group performed a song or a skit.  I was surprised at how well they did since they have been out of school for 2 weeks and had not been practicing.  The teachers are so kind and always help the students. 

This was a Christmas program, awards ceremony, graduation and pick up grades.  I had visions of being there all day.  It might have been one of the shortest programs we have ever been to.

Some of our girls received awards.  Then all of the children received a Christmas present.

Haley had a choir program at the Casa Presidencial Antiqua at 2:00 and I was wanting to go to Baxter graduation.  I dropped Nicole and Paige off at Wendy's to meet Matt and Haley so they could get to her program.  I headed to Santa Ana.  I was so thankful I had some breathing room.  I really thought I might be driving to Santa Ana with the children and immediately leaving for Tegucigalpa.  Taking the seven kids I had with me to graduation was not an option. 



















 With breathing room, I fixed Emma a grilled cheese sandwich and fortified myself with a Dr Pepper.  Then, I was off again.  Donna was with me.  I was glad we got parked and seated with 30 minutes to spare. 

Rich in history and traditions, Baxter was graduating it 50th class of students. Many people from both the States and Honduras had come for this momentous event.

Richard and Yesenia were among the first group to receive a diploma in ministerial counseling.  I was so proud of them.

I saw a lot of friends.  And, met new ones.  The dinner after graduation was delicious.  It was after 11:00 when we got home.  I was really tired, but happy that I could be a part of these two celebrations.














No comments: