Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Marbles Are Banned

Marbles have been banned at Casa de Esperanza.  Not that there is anything wrong with marbles, but the kids have been playing marbles when they are not supposed to.  Sometimes, they play marbles instead of doing chores or homework.  Sometimes, when they are told to stop and do chores, they ignores us and keep playing marbles.  Sometimes, some of the kids get into great big fights with each other while playing marbles.  We were taking away allowance and sending them to the wall.  Nothing worked.  So Karen banned marbles.  All marbles.  If we find marbles, we throw them away.  The kids don't like us throwing marbles away. 

Fernando and Fitto hid some marbles and got up at 10:00 p.m. one night after everyone else was asleep.  They played marbles until 2:00 a.m.  In devo and school they could not stay awake the next day.  Because of that little incident a few more marbles ended up in the trash.

This morning, I was overseeing morning chores.  Whoever is doing that has to stay right with Fernando.  He tries every way possible to get out of his work.  This week he has to sweep and mop the boy's room.  I was standing there insisting he sweep.  Elvia walked into the room and told the boys it was time to change their sheets and began yanking the sheets off the beds.  Marbles were flying everywhere.  Fernando dropped that broom and was scrambling to get to the marbles before I did.  Trust me, I was scrambling to get to them, too.  I got some of them and deposited them into the trash.  I honestly do not know what happened to the rest of them.  I looked under the beds and checked everyone's pockets.  I guess the marbles I did not confiscate will show up again soon.

A word to the wise:  DO NOT BRING MARBLES TO THE CASA KIDS.  They will end up in the trash.

Terri

No comments: