Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Day Off




Usually, Tuesday is my day off my from Casa de Esperanza. Sometimes, I stay here and read or clean a closet or something. Sometimes, I go to town. Usually not. I go to town every day. Today Marc had to go to Catacamas to take care of some business. Even though, he was leaving really early, I decided to go with him.

It is about a two and a half hour drive to Catacamas. Being in the car that long when I am not driving is no problem for me. It is a pleasant drive and the landscape changes a couple of times. I saw tall pines that reminded me a bit of being in Colorado. There were beautiful flowers in bloom and some trees that sure looked like dogwoods, almost making me think I was in Mississippi watching spring appear.

The further we get from Tegucigalpa, the more quaint things become. We saw the oxen carts and the people on bicycles hauling wood and a sack of potatoes and various other things.

Marc and I visited and laughed. After Marc took care of his business, we went to another children's home. It is always nice to visit other homes and see how they do things and compare notes with each other. We ran on to a group from Harding. That was fun to visit with them.

We started home around 2:30. I was so relaxed. The window was down, the wind blowin in my face and through my hair. I might have even dozed off a few minutes. We stopped at the Menonite bakery and bought some bread and some homemade strawberry jelly. And ice cream.

It was a wonderful relaxing day. We came home and Marc made omelets toast out of some of that new bread. Then we lathered the toast with the strawberry jelly. Yum. Delicious. We are cutting the cinnamon bread for breakfast in the morning.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Sounds like you were lavished with love and attention on your day off...so glad you had a good time.
Everyone deserves time together.
I am sure Marc enjoyed having your company even though he was working.