Sunday, March 21, 2010

In The Dark

We are well into the dry season. Rain is desperately needed. Wednesday rain was in the forecast. It grew dark in the middle afternoon and we thought we might receive some of that much needed rain. The electricity went out about 4:00 and stayed out for four hours. But not a drop of rain fell. I was so frustrated . I had so much work to do. I turned on one of the lanterns and read a good book instead.

Thursday night/Friday morning we lost power again somewhere around midnight. I got up and used the lantern to dress and took Rosy to school. Power was not restored here in Santa Ana until around noon. I was glad I was at the market buying fruits and vegetables.

Yesterday we lost power at 8:00 a.m. When we called the power company, we were told it was a planned outage and would be restored at 4:00. I worked on a few things, but needed light and computer to do most. Sure enough at 4:00, the lights came back on.

I was working with the kids yesterday from 3:00 until 8:00. Girls were in the shower, when the lights go out again at 6:00. The kids do not do well when the lights are out. We managed to finish showers and get through supper. It is always a challenge to entertain that last hour before bedtime without lights. Fortunately, the lights came back on at 7:00.

I was frustrated. Not that there was anything I could do about it. I was thinking wouldn't it be nice just to go to Tegucigalpa and get a hotel. I would not have done that. But it was a nice thought. I was so thankful those lights came on at 7:00.

I don't know how many of these were planned outages and how many were caused by weather or other things. I do hope we have had our share of outages for a while.

Terri

No comments: