Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Long Day At Teleton

This morning Reina, Doris, Maryuri, Sisi and I left at 6:00 for Teleton. We went to get Sandra and headed to town. Morning traffic is just awful. We got to Teleton at 7:45. There were seven appointments today spread between morning and afternoon. The last appointment ended at 2:30. That is a long day no matter how you look at it.

When we have that long a day, we normally pack a lunch and eat at Teleton. Last night Karen and I decided that I would take everyone out for lunch since we had an hour and a half break without appointments around lunch time. A small snack and water was still packed. Around 9:30, the girls decided to eat their snack. They were so cute. They sat on the floor and Sisi reminded them to pray. They all bowed their heads and prayed.

I did not tell them we were going out to lunch, just in case they were horrible during the morning. When we got to the car, I asked Sandra where she wanted to go and she chose pizza. So it was off to the Pizza Hut. I asked the girls if they wanted pizza and they all clapped. Reina squealed.

I ordered a combo meal that not only had pizza, but our drinks, garlic cheese bread and dessert as well. I could not believe they brought the girls large drinks. I had visions of spending the rest of the afternoon in the bathroom.

I did have to take Reina and Sisi to the bathroom. After Reina washed her hands, she got kind of close to the hand dryer and it came on. She looked at me wild-eyed and said " no toca, no toca", which means I did not touch. Then she squealed again. When Sisi came out and washed her hands, Reina ran over to the dryer and got it going again. Both of them were squealing and laughing. They had never seen anything like a dryer coming on by itself.

We got back to the table and the ice cream came. More squealing. Everyone ate everything. Sisi had a tummy ache tonight.

We went back to Teleton and finished the appointments. It was 3:30 when we got back to Casa.

Long day. But it was so fun to treat the girls today to something special.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
I just sent you an email before I was able to read your blog.
I know that you try to make every day special no matter the demands on your time and energy. I often wonder how you get enough sleep when you wake up so early and hit the road before daylight.
I am glad you enjoyed your pizza day and sounds like the appointments were really spread out.
Love, Ginger