Monday, March 22, 2010

The Electronic Age.

I love my computer. I love sending and receiving email to my friends and family. I love writing my blog. I love chatting with Nicole and Rosemary and Janet and a few others with whom I chat, sometimes into the night when I should be resting. I feel more in touch with my friends and family because of the electronic age in which we live. It is easier to be a missionary when I can communicate. I am thankful we weren't missionaries twenty years ago.

As much as I love the email, living in a foreign country, I have had to both send and receive bad news via email. I always wish there was some other way. But it is immediate and I guess that is better than waiting for weeks to hear the bad news. Unfortunately, we received bad news over the weekend.

We grieve with our dear, dear friends in Antioch, California as we learned of one of the ministers dying of a massive heart attack while running Saturday morning. Everyone there is shocked and saddened, as are we.

Please pray for the Johnson family, specifically, and the Eastside Church of Christ family as a whole as they grieve and come to grips with this sudden loss of an humble servant of God.

Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Terri, I am so sad and so sorry for the loss of your friend and a servant of our Lord. Prayers are with you, his friends and his family. Love you! Sue