Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ramblings

Tomorrow I go home. We have to leave here at 3;30 a.m. I should be in bed,or at least finishing my packing, but I am mesmerized by the couples ice dancing.

It has been quite a productive trip. Marc has spoken at 11 churches and 5 rotary clubs. I have spoken twice. We have visited with friends and family. Played dominoes and spades and Go Fish. Cups of coffee and meals with friends. Seen excitement generated about the work in Honduras. Made new friends. Spent precious time with the kids and the granddaughters. Been to Disney World. Seen snow in every single state in which we have been. Travelled over 7500 miles. Oh my aching backside.

I stayed four extra days in order to share my daughter's birthday with her. How much fun we had. I baked a milky way cake for her. Sinful. We shoe shopped and shopped for baby Haley.

I am ready to be home. Ready to be in my bed. Ready to get back to work. I am sad to leave. I have wept rivers today. I have hugged on Haley and talked to Camille. I have talked to friends and family. I have used many of our rollover minutes today. Yet, I leave without talking to several people. Several I wanted to talk to.

I am excited. I am happy. I am sad. I arrived tired and am leaving tired. Ready to go back. Needing a few more hugs from the kids and grandkids.

Pray for me as I travel and as I go back to work.

Terri

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, Terri, it sounds like you had such a full trip home! I remember the feeling of going back...being glad to be "home" and yet part of me not wanting to leave kids, grandkids, other family and friends.

I hope your trip home is uneventful and that you and Marc have a great year in Honduras.

Love, Jeanne

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine your emotions, Terri. I have some of the same emotions for you and Marc, happy and humbled for what you do for so many, yet selfish wanting you close by. So glad you were able to be here, that you were able to spend time with family and friends, that you and Marc were able to share with others your life in Honduras, for the wonderful times with Camille, Haley, Nicole and Nathan. You are in our constant prayers. We love you & Marc, and we love knowing that you are making a difference in the lives of so many. Praying that your trip home is a safe one.
Sue

Kim said...

Terri,

Praying for a safe trip for you. I am so thankful you had such a great trip.

We continue to pray for you and Marc and hope to see you soon.

love, Kim