Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dependence


I am loving being at Matt and Nicole's. Baby Haley is so sweet and so precious. Most of the time she is as happy as can be. Her smile can brighten any room and her laugh is music to my ears.


She is just a baby and can't do anything. She is dependent on her mommy and daddy for everything; to feed her, to keep her warm, to entertain her, to ease her hurts and protect her. As I study her innocent little face, I realize that is exactly what God wants from me. From all of us. Total dependence on Him. He wants us to trust Him completely. To crawl up in His lap and take it easy, not worry about anything in this world. Not our food, not our shelter, not anything.


I want to remember more often to be totally dependent on God, just as Haley is totally dependent.


Terri

No comments: