Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Relaxing in Hot Springs Village


We arrived safely in Little Rock on Thursday night. Both flights were uneventful, thankfully. Friday, I bought some groceries and began to prepare food for our celebration on Saturday. I also got a much needed haircut.

Friday night, the College of Bible and Religion had a blessing ceremony for their graduates. One of the professors read a blessing for each of the graduates. It was a very sweet, very meaningful ceremony.

Saturday was a grand day. It was better than I could have imagined. To see both of our kids walk across that stage and hear their names called as they each received their college diplomas. Happy does not even begin to describe how I felt. In addition to Marc and I, the kids had their spouses, their in-laws, grandparents and aunts and uncles. There were seventeen of us at graduation. After I took all the pictures the kids would tolerate, we moved our celebrating out to Skip and Susan Grace's house, where some of the kids friends joined the family. We ate and enjoyed visiting with family and friends on this wonderful occasion.


Sunday afternoon we came to Hot Springs Village for a few days of relaxing. Sweet Camille and Marc's parents are with us. We are enjoying this wonderful time with our granddaughter. She is such a delight.


I knew I was tired. I had no idea how exhausted I really was. Today is the first day I have even begun to feel normal. I have sat around, unable to anything. Not read, not blog, not anything.

This morning I walked out by the lake. The lake was clear and glassy. I saw many different birds and listened as they squawked at each other. My father-in-law and Camille are throwing bread off the balcony and watching as the squirrels below quickly grab the bread and nibble on it.


We are enjoying this time of relaxation.


Terri

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Congrats on all the accomplishments of your children and this time of celebration and family sharing time together. Enjoy the chance to rest too.

Just back from Tupelo. Jean Freeman and I are taking a welcome basket to visitors at church. Then shop at Belk for a much needed item. Afterwards we will scoot back here to grill hamburgers which Pearley is providing and plans are in effect for Sara to join us with the kids. Paul is sick. He will get a plate taken back.

Looking forward to Huntsville trip tomorrow to see our precious grandaughter's dance recital. Bella has worked hard. She is going to be a hoot to watch. Jean and I ate at Red Lobster today in Tupelo and I got gumbo. so good.
Didn't mean to write a book. Got started and couldn't stop.
Good picture of your kids by the way.
love, Ginger

Carla and Daryl said...

I had to do a double take when i saw this picture you posted. I thought Nicole was you! She really looks like you. they are both beautiful children and I know you are beaming with pride at their accomplishment. You needed this time of rejuvenation with your family. I'm sure it was very peaceful sitting back by the lake watching your grandchild and listening to the birds. :)