Monday, December 3, 2007

Our House

After a long travel day on Friday, we finally arrived in Searcy around 12:45 a.m. Saturday. The kids wanted to do Thanksgiving so Nicole and I got up at 6:00 and cooked all day. We sent Matt to Wal-Mart at 6:15 for the first forgotten item on the grocery list. Around 10:00, Nathan, Julia and Camille showed up and Camille hit the door running, saying "Grammy, my grammy." Just what Grammy needed to hear. Of course, being the grandmother, everything Camile said and did was the cutest, sweetest and smartest. We had a great time and a great meal with our kids.
We went to early church with Matt and Nicole at Downtown Church of Christ and left a few minutes before church was over to go to Sunday school at College with Nathan and Julia. After lunch, we left for Fairview Heights. The temperature was 69 when we left Searcy, with it falling as we drove north, and dipping into the 30's before we reached St. Louis. Even though it was quite cold outside, inside we found a warmth that comes from being with friends. Marc did an excellent job, as usual,preaching last night. This morning, we finalized details on leasing our house for the next 3 years. God is good...all the time. What a relief to have that done. And yes, I have managed to hit Wal-Mart every day since being in the states. Thanks for your prayers as we travel.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
The funny thing to me about
wal mart is how much I HATE to go there. I cannot hardly make myself go there and you surely seem to enjoy it. I wish I could enjoy shopping. I do not.
I am so glad to hear that your house is leased for 3 years and hopefully they will take good care of your home.
I am very lazy. It is suppose to get very cold in the morning..i have been laying in bed reading every chance I have had today. I got my housework and cooking done and the rest of the time I have been under the covers trying to finish a book.
Best regards and much love,
Ginger <><