Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking Back

Our time in the states has come to an end. We have travelled over 4500 miles in the car. We have loaded and unloaded our luggage 13 times. We have been in 12 different churches, 10 of which Marc spoke in. We have been on two college campuses. We have spent precious time with family and friends. We have used hundreds of phone minutes. Thank goodness for rollover minutes. I have eaten the best Mexican food in Fairview Heights and Columbus and points in between. I have eaten hamburgers and bacon and biscuits. I have been to Sonic and had cokes with ice. I have been to Wal-Mart so many times that I am tired of it. I have hugged my kids and hugged my friends. I have made new friends. There has been girl time way into the night, let's-grab-a-cup-of-coffee moments, lunches with friends. We have shared our ministry with many in churches, in homes, in restaurants and many other places. I have laughed and cried. I have been re-energized, renewed, encouraged. I have my batteries recharged. I have been blessed by everyone with which I came in contact. Today, we went to the best three year old birthday party ever. What fun. Now it is time to return to Honduras and I am ready. There is much work to be done in 2008. And we can't wait any longer to get busy.

This year has been an interesting one to say the least. Our daughter was married. A year ago, I had no idea I would be moving to Honduras. Oh my, the changes that have occurred in our lives. There is absolutely no way to adequately say how grateful I am, for family, for friends, both old and new, and for every act of kindness I have been shown. Thank you is not enough to all of you that email, send e-cards, send books or jergens lotion. The ones that just keep me up to date on news and events, the ones that encourage and pray. Even though it seems inadequate for all you do for me, all I can say is thank you.

Please keep us in your prayers as we travel back to Honduras and as we begin our work again. Please share your prayer requests with me as well.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
I am a faithful reader to your blog and Marc's blog. You both are a daily voice inside my head and an encouragement to me to be Jesus to everyone, not just those in my life circumstances.
Thanks to you both for challenging me to be a better person.
You both write incredibily powerful words I believe are straight from God.
I'm careful to read the blogs only when I can handle them but that seems to be everyday.
ALWAYS TOUCHED BY YOUR THOUGHTS.
Let me know when you get back on Honduran soil safely.

I hope you can sleep for a 24 hour period before doing anything in Honduras. Even God rested one day.
Love,
Ginger