Saturday, December 22, 2007

Blizzard Conditions

We are now in Borger, Texas. This is where both Marc and I grew up. Our families still live in this little panhandle town. Last night when we went to bed, the weather prediction was blizzard conditions by morning. And they were not wrong. The temperature was in the twenties, snow was falling, and the wind was blowing with gusts up to 40 miles per hour. I like the snow when I can stay inside and watch. Marc's dad built a fire in the fireplace and most of the morning I alternated between watching the fire and looking outside to watch the blowing snow. Matt, being from Baton Rouge, had never seen weather like this. I forgot I was not in Illinois. When I dared to venture out, I was thinking all the streets would be cleared. That was not the case. No snow removal equipment here. It did warm up this afternoon into the mid-thirties and a good portion melted. It should be really cold tonight.

We are here until Wednesday and will be enjoying this time with our families.

Terri