Friday, December 7, 2007

A Unique Beauty

I am not hitting the internet as often as I thought I would since we have been in the states. We are in the car a lot of the time and Marc and I are sharing a computer, his computer.

When I moved to Illinois three years ago, I could look around and see it was flat, very flat. After living in the mountains and coming back to Illinois, it seems to me that the flat farmland became even flatter in the last two months. I have always loved driving through the Illinois farmland. The past few days were no exception. We rode along and saw miles and miles of flat, flat farmland. The only things we saw scraping the sky was an occasional silver-domed silo and furiously spinning windmills. Smoke was curling from the chimneys of the white wooden farmhouses. Even the cattle were huddled together trying to wind a refuge from the bitterly cold wind. The stubbled cornfields were patiently waiting to be plowed again. I silently rode along, intently studying the tranquil landscape before me. Only God paint this flat country into something uniquely beautiful.

As we drove south into Tennessee, there was still some fall foliage clinging tightly to the tree tops. I really did miss the beautiful fall colors of the midwest this year. I was fortunate to glimpse the last of the color.

I began to realize that God gave each part of this country and each part of Honduras and each part of every country some unique beauty, if we only choose to open our eyes and see that beauty. I hope you see something beautiful where you are today.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Good Morning Terri,
I am seeing rain today but like you I see it as another affirmation of blessings God gives to us.
Thanks for the report on nature's excellence. I recognise every day has it's own beauty and excellence.
I enjoyed reading all about what you see when you travel the country. One of the many reasons I read your blog.
Here's to hoping your day is a beautiful unique one.
Love,
Ginger