Thursday, November 5, 2015

Paige Elizabeth

We knew Monday was going to be a big day in our lives.  We welcomed  a brand new family member into the world.

Matt and Nicole left around 8:00.  I left around 11:30 and checked the girls out of school early.  They had a sweet little gift for the new baby sister. It was wrapped in Christmas paper.


We got to the hospital just in time to see Nicole before she was taken to surgery.

We all got snacks and drinks to pass away the time while waiting.
Miss Paige was born at 2:32, but no one let us know.  By 3:30, Matt and I were getting quite anxious.  What a relief it was to find out she had been in the nursery for an hour.


My first sight of Paige.  She was under oxygen, but she was beautiful.

Emma and Haley's first glimpse of Paige.

Tuesday, Nicole got to go down to see her.   She got to love on Paige and talk to her.  It brought tears to my eyes as I watched my daughter talking to that sweet baby.

Wednesday found Mommy and Baby feeling better.  We all had hopes of getting to hold her.  Those hopes came true for Mommy and Daddy, but not the rest of us.



I was still having to take pictures through glass, but Paige was much closer.

I tried to get a picture of Nicole and all three girls.  Emma had been asleep and wanted nothing of that.  
While she fed her baby, visions of pizza danced in Nicole's head.

Paige Elizabeth Fitzgerald.

Everyone will be home later today.  Expect more pictures.





No comments: