Monday, April 27, 2015

Vacation

Most of the missionaries I know, work hard and sometimes do not take enough time off nor rest enough.  I might fall within that category.  I knew a couple of months ago that if I did not take some time off and rest that I was going to have a hard time working through the summer with groups.

When some friends asked me to visit, it was hard to say no.  I left Tuesday and returned yesterday.  Uneventful flights are always a good thing.

I slept late.  I read.  A night or two, I was up late visiting.  There were strolls along the water.  Lunch.  Target.  Chick-Fil-A.  Dr Pepper.  Ice Cream.  A walk along the beach.  Playing on the beach.  Pizza.  I really cannot do anything without it involving pizza at least once.  Awesome worship.  Beautiful time with my friends.

Haley had to be put in the hospital because she had pneumonia and Josue had to be taken to the emergency room because of a severe kidney infection.  Even these events did not ruin my rest.  I was concerned, but there was nothing I could do until I returned home.






This was without the zoom lens.  I just kept walking closer and closer and he let me take his picture this close.





A cloudy day at the beach.  It passed us by without a drop of rain.



 I am a weather nerd.  There was a water spout.  A water spout looks like a tornado.  It sucks up water into its funnel and deposits the water into the cloud.  At some point, the cloud dumps that water as rain.  Near the water spout, the water turns dark.  We could see the water being sucked into the spout.  The picture does not do it justice.  At first, it was coming straight at us, then it veered off to the left.

Seen from the plane yesterday.

I am so thankful for this time away.

No comments: