Monday, January 6, 2014

Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

You just never know what is going to come out of a kid's mouth.  And, when there are 23 of them, anything can be said.  I am learning to never be shocked, hurt or embarrassed.

One morning at devo, Guadalupe said something and some of the kids laughed at her.  Granted, they should not have done that, but when they did she started crying.  I was trying to explain to her that you have to laugh with them and not cry.  I was going to say people laugh at me all the time because of the way I speak spanish.  I said people laugh at me all the time because... and before I could get the rest of the sentence out, Sisi says, " because of the way you sing."  The whole group erupted into laughter, including me.  Maybe my point was made better with what Sisi said that what I would have said. 

Then there is Miss Katy.  It was one morning right before Christmas.  I had not had much rest.  For days, I had not had much rest.  I tend to be slightly silly when I have not had enough rest.  The kids had Christmas music playing.  After Sisi's comment, I was not about to sing, but I was humming and dancing.  I was excited about Christmas because I knew the secret about the bicycles.  Nicole said, "I think she is loca."  I said, " I think I need some rest."  Katy looks at Nicole and as seriously as she could, said, "I think she needs more rest because she is old."

I just love living here.  I am complimented like that frequently.

No comments: