Friday, September 6, 2013

Thank You

I knew Tuesday was going to be a long, hard day.  I just did not know how long.

I was up quite late Monday night and up early on Tuesday morning.  We left Jackson at 6:30, and I cried hard.  It is a long way from Jackson, Mississippi to Borger, Texas.  And, even with a working air conditioner, it was hot.  I used the power inverter to keep the computer going and worked several hours.  I drove a couple of hours.

If that was not enough to make me tired, Marc began to feel bad.  Actually, he felt bad the whole and just did not tell me.  But, the closer we got to Borger, the more he said he felt bad and said he had stomach pain, up high under his sternum, like he had never had before.

Marc is never sick and would never think of seeing a doctor even if he was.  When we drove into Borger and he said "I think I need to go to the emergency room,"  I knew this was very serious.

It was a long grueling night in the emergency room.  The ER was extremely busy.  We were told that was not usual for a week night.  Arriving at the ER before 7:30 p.m., it was a long wait until we saw the doctor after midnight.  And around 2:00 a.m. before we were finally able to call it a day.

I was thankful for my computer.  I posted it on facebook and instantly we had people everywhere praying for us.  I updated a couple of times.  Several messaged me and kept my mind occupied.  My sister and Nicole kept chatting with me the whole time.  I was for thankful and appreciative for those that sent messages asking about Marc and chatted with me.  But, more than that I was thankful that we could get that many people praying that quickly.

Each day Marc has felt better and today he feels good again.  Your prayers, once again, have sustained us.  From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

And tomorrow, we hit the road again.

No comments: