Sunday, September 8, 2013

Heavy Flooding

We are in Oklahoma City.  We will be in two church in which we have never been.  We are excited about this.  It will be a great day in Oklahoma as we worship with friends.  We had a lovely meal with Kent and Lee Ann.  We visited and watched football.

As I was getting ready for bed, I realized that I left my phone downstairs.  But no one ever calls me.  The fact that I even thought of the phone means I should have gone to get it.  That was 11:30.   At 12:30, Lee Ann rushed into our room and said your daughter needs to talk to you.  Nicole had called 17 times.  That is never a good sign.

The retaining wall behind their house (the soon-to-be new campus) came crashing down and into the house due to heavy rains.  Nicole and Matt got the kids out and safely to our house.  Matt and Dorian went back to move furniture and other things.  I do not know the extent of the damage at this point.  But Luis said that Timoteo was out all night helping displaced people.  We do know the rains were so heavy that mountains washed away and with them, people's homes.  According to what we can find in the paper, the damage is every where is great.

Please pray for everyone that lost their and those temporarily or permanently displaced.

Terri

No comments: