Sunday, November 20, 2011

When Things Get This Crazy....

When all of my kids were home, we usually had a lot of fun.  Sometimes, it was silly fun and we sometimes sang, "Ain't it great to be crazy, ain't it great to be nuts like us..."  That song has been playing through my head the last couple of day and I don't think anyone is having fun or being silly.

I still can't drive, can't lift.  There are several things I cannot do and very few I can.  I am trying to sit in bed with my computer and work on some of the endless paperwork.  Even that I can't do for long stretches at a time.  I feel good; I just can't do anything.  I am bored and frustrated and want to be up doing like I always do.

Friday, Karen started having contractions.  She saw a doctor yesterday.  She is on bedrest and meds.  Karen and I are never out of the country at the same time and we certainly are not to suppose to be on bedrest at the same time.  Nicole is being baptized by fire.  We are breaking her in good.

A group is here to work for the next week.  Marc and Matt are busy with the group and the logistics and running around that involves. 

Last night Karen's mom was asking me to please make sure Karen stays in bed.  And I know that is absolutely necessary.  I was thinking, and said to Anita, Karen is not going to listen to me when I am not setting a very good example of staying in bed when I need to.  But, I do think Karen is listening.  If you hear stories of people being tied down at Casa de Esperanza, it is a couple of the adults, not the children. 

As Karen is suppose to leave for the States on Tuesday, both of us sit in our beds with our computers sending emails to each other, me with dozens of questions and her with all kinds of things that need to be done.

No matter how many vehicles we have, one or more is always broken.  And we are always one or more short.  That adds to the craziness when trying to work out logistics.

When things get this crazy, we all better be on our knees praying.  Praying for Karen's contractions to stop and for her to get to the States before this baby is born.  Praying that Nicole and Haley stay well and that Nicole has the wisdom and patience she needs.  Praying that I heal quickly and take it easy, not trying to do too much.  And praying that the group glorifies God in all they do as they build six more houses this week.  Please keep those prayers going up.   Thanks.

Terri

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When it rains it pours. Just glad you are doing better and you got Karen to stay in bed! :) Thanks! Sharon Mc