Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Helpers

Thanksgiving is not a holiday in Honduras.  But the Casa kids know of at least one place in Honduras where it is celebrated in a big way.  They are giddy as visions of filling their plates as many times as they want dance in their heads.  They were all eager to help today.

After they did their math worksheets, they rushed to my house.  I handed them cheese, onions and celery.  They grated six pounds of cheese in about 5 minutes.  Chopping onions and celery took quite a bit longer.  Some came to the house and made cornbread for the dressing.  Everyone is begging to help, in whatever way they can.  Nicole has major cleaning plans for them in the morning.  I hope they will still be so eager to help.

I am having to do a lot of directing.  Sitting and giving instructions.  Believe me, that is not in my nature.

At the end of the day Haley got to help Grammy make the pies.  She was so happy with that idea.  She walked around carrying the coolwhip saying "Haley make pies."  I promised she could lick the bowl.  She started eating before everything was put together.  After we poured the first layer in the pie pans, she took one bite right out of the pie.  Not exactly what I had in mind.  She definitely liked licking the bowl best.










Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Terri

No comments: