Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Evening At Manos Felices

Rosy, Daniela, and Sisi with their painted faces

This evening there was an event at Manos Felices, Rosy's school.  Marc and I decided we would take Rosy and a few others.  Karen decided that the five kids that do not get to go to visitation tomorrow would go.  I liked that.  We left here about 3:30.  We had to stop for gas and Rosy and Sisi were fighting before we got the car full of gas.  I thought it might be a long evening.  Thankfully, things settled down for the ride to town.

We arrived at Manos Felices to games, balloons, and face painting.  All five of the kids got a face or a hand painted.  I love to watch Rosy in her world, where she can communicate with others.

We were then served a nice meal and the event was over.

Then the real fun began.  We were no more than five minutes from Manos Felices, traffic is backed up, and Daniela announces she has to go to the bathroom.  I say, "sorry," and Marc says you should have gone before we left Manos Felices, there is only five bathrooms there.  Both Daniela and Sisi chime in and say no there's not, there's only four.  Whatever.

There is absolutely no place to stop and we are not going very fast.  Daniela just keeps saying she has to go to the bathroom, NOW.  And then Sisi begins to say the same thing.  More than 30 minutes later, we get to Burger King.  All five kids jump out of the car and start running for the entrance, with Daniela and Sisi holding themselves.  I wasn't going to let those kids go into Burger King without supervision, so I am right behind them.  Burger King is fairly crowded and half the crowd turns to see what is walking, or I should say running, through the front door.

Rosy finishes first and washes her hands and wants to leave the bathrmoom.  There is not even a slight chance I will let that child leave the bathroom without me.  I am quite sure Burger King's electricity bill was doubled from the number of times Daniela and Sisi used the dryer.

At last, I had everyone back in the car and we were headed for Santa Ana.  We still had a lot of traffic to battle and it was a long trip home. 

Mostly, it was a good evening and the kids had a lot of fun.

Terri

No comments: