Saturday, January 15, 2011

Draw Me Deeper Lord

Marc and I are enjoying a time at Gulf Coast Getaway.  The singing is heavenly and Randy Harris is presenting some awesome lessons. Marc did two break out sessions this afternoon and will speak tomorrow night.  The fellowship is warm.  This is a great way to spend our last few days in the States.

As we sang "Draw me deeper, Lord" this morning, I was moved.  I do want to be drawn deeper to the Lord.  I also noticed there are college campuses full of people that want to be drawn deeper to the Lord also.  College students everywhere are no longer content to sit in the pews to worship.  The deeper relationship they strive to have is worshipping God by serving.  They are serving in their communities, as well as globally.  This is the deeper relationship we all long for. 

I think campus ministers in our Christian universities and the state universities as well, are to be praised for the work they are doing.  And of course,  before this happens, to God be the glory.

Terri
P.S.  It is warmer, but still cold on the beach.

No comments: