Friday, July 30, 2010

The Childress Group

I enjoy every group that comes. And I never mean to make it sound as if I like some groups more than others.

The group that leaves tomorrow is from Childress, Texas, which is just a couple hours from where Marc and I grew up, that made them home folks. As I visited with different people, and discovered they grew up in Childress or Wellington or Dodson, I soon discovered they knew my relatives. And I knew some of their relatives. It was old home week.

This was a group of forty six first timers. They have worked and worked hard. Houses, both block and wooden, food, the dump, the hospital, two medical clinics. It has been awesome. Devos have been great.

The Childress group ends the groups for the summer. It is always a little sad to see that last group leave.

Tonight, Marc and I were on our way home from the last devo with this group when Marc's phone rang. The grandson of our good friends, Ed and Earlene Stegall, had come on this trip and been touched by the things he saw. He had decided he wanted to be baptized. What an awesome way to end the summer.

Terri

2 comments:

Trey Morgan said...

We SO enjoyed you guys too. :)

randy said...

Thanks for hosting us. i was glad to be apart of it.