Thursday, September 17, 2009

Antioch

We are in Antioch, California this week. We lived here from 1992-1996. We have many wonderful friends here. And many precious memories. We are visiting with friends and doing some sightseeing and relaxing.

As most people know, Antioch has been in the news as of late. The young woman who was kidnapped 18 years ago was recently found in a back yard in here Antioch. This story is horrible and remains in the news as investigators are continually searching for more evidence, possibly that involve other kidnapped victims as well. This story is still making national news, but in this area there are frequent updates.

Yesterday we were having breakfast with friends in Brentwood. We drove Lone Tree Way between 8:00 and 8:30 a.m. Just a few minutes after we drove that street, there was a drive-by shooting at Deer Valley High School. I have been kind of out of touch with news and I don't know if this made national news or not.

Deer Valley High was being constructed before we moved from here. The boundary lines had not been drawn when we moved to Los Angeles, but there was a good chance, based on where we lived, our kids would have gone to high school at Deer Valley.

No city likes to be in the national spotlight for this kind of news. Please pray for the people that are involved in these situations.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Kind of scary, isn't it? yes we have seen all of this on the news here.

I have had to close out my desk top and start using my lap top.

The desk top wouldn't let me send my emails or receive them. Took me awhile to figure out that nobody was getting my emails.

love, Ginger