Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Waterfall











There has already been 5 groups that have come and gone. Another one is here now. Everyone was beginning to feel the strain of not having any time off. Marc and I, Matt and Nicole, the AIM team and the TORCH interns decided to go to the waterfall today. It is about three hours from here.





After we arrived, we had communion and prayer.


Matt, Nicole, and I walked to the bottom of the waterfall. The waterfall is beautiful. Real God art. Others played in the water, rode the zipline, and relaxed. I even found a place to take a short nap. It was a pleasant day.


As we started home, we stopped by the lake to eat fish. The restaurant was right on the lake. With no wind blowing, as we looked out over the lake, it almost appeared as if we were gazing at a mirror, with the mountains reflected on the glassy surface. A few little fishing boats were securely tied, waiting to begin another day of fishing in the morning. The clouds rested on the mountains, making the mountains appear endlessly high. Sitting that near the lake as we ate and visited was peaceful and serene. I think I could have stayed there for hours.


The fish is fried whole. I love fish, but I just could not do it. I could not eat that fish with the tail, the fins, and the head still intact. With that little eye looking back at me. I ate french fries.


If being at the waterfall and lake did as much good for everyone else as it did for me, we all will be ready to start working tomorrow refreshed.



Terri

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Grinning so wide that my ears feel all tight.
You really needed that r and r.
The pictures of the waterfalls are beautiful.

Enjoyed the blog.
love, Ginger

Anonymous said...

So good to hear that you had a good day of rest and relaxation, and at the same time enjoying the beauty of God's handiwork. The pictures of the waterfall are beautiful. I'm with you, as much as I love fish, I don't like them looking at me while I'm eating them. Have a blessed week and remember to get as much rest as you can. Have another great day in Honduras blessing all that you come in contact with.
Love you all,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Terri, dear, thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures of the Master Artist! What a perfect way to spend the day!
I'm thinking God would have created the same waterfall in the Garden of Eden. If so, I'm sure Adam and Eve took a nap there, too!
I have to agree with you....I couldn't eat a fish that was looking back at me!
Peace and joy to you, my dear friend,
Donna

Carla and Daryl said...

what a way to get rejuvenated!! all that beauty surrounding you...bet that was a nice nap falling asleep looking at that waterfall and listening to the whooshing sounds and then waking up to it. how nice..

carla