Thursday, June 26, 2008

A House for Juan

Tuesday afternoon Marc knew the Tupelo group was going to build a house in Santa Ana. He did not really know for whom the house was going to be built. He found out Juan, one of the guards at Casa de Esperanza, was renting a house and that he owned a piece of property. Marc decided Juan and his family would receive the house.

I walked over to see the site. It was a very small lot and there was much activity there. Juan was all smiles. I could not stay long. The building site was near enough that I could here the hammers and the chainsaws all day. What a pleasant sound. The team said the house went up easily, which has not been the case on some houses lately.

When I saw the house this morning, it seemed as if it was sitting on the little lot smiling. I smiled, too.

Terri

2 comments:

Ginger said...

:)
I am smiling too!! love, Ginger

Carla and Daryl said...

it's a nice when things go smoothly for a change and it all comes together so well. i am sure everyone worked really hard to make it go that well. :)