Thursday, June 19, 2008

An Humbling Experience

I will be the first to admit my spanish is not where I had hoped it would be at this time. But I am doing better all the time. I understand more than I can speak. I have done well in some situations, which gives me a little confidence. Eventually, I can make myself understood in a lot of situations.

Today, I had a most humbling experience. Every Wednesday, the coke man comes and takes an order and then the drinks are delivered on Thursday. With the groups here and buying lots of drinks, I had a big order to place. I thought I did so well yesterday. When the drinks were delivered today, the order was no where near what I thought I ordered. I asked and asked if they could bring some more before next Thursday. I just kept getting the same answer, "next week."

It is what it is and I can assure you, I will have the order written next week.

Terri

2 comments:

Ginger said...

hi,
just shows me how much I take little things for granted. I can go to Country Mart, a block away and buy a coke or get cokes anytime I want. I do not have to wait a week for the coke man to show up so that I can purchase a coke.
Your little store will have less profit this week due to the shortage of cokes to sale.
Live and Learn as they say but how can one learn SOOOOOO MUCH in so little time? It is more than the mind can fathom .
I had a nap. I am rested now and ready to take on most anything.
love, Ginger

kdv4jc said...

sorry......but you are learning.....and that is how we learn by our mistakes..........your spanish will get better with time