Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fito

The children at Casa de Esperanza have suffered horrible abuse before they came to live here. Most of them have been abused in more awful ways than our worst imaginings. Because of that, some of them are in counseling in town. Marc took the kids to school this morning because Karen had to take one of the girls to town for counseling. Fito had to go to counseling in town this evening. Marc and I took him. We left right after lunch, as we had errands to do in town as well. Fito didn't have much to say, but he wore a big grin. First stop, the hardware store. Fito wanted to push the basket. As he pushed it around the store, he was smiling. He stayed close to Marc, even when I went to look at something else. Then we went to Sears to buy my stove. This was an adventure that deserves a blog of its own. Maybe some other day. Fito was smiling as if the stove was for him. After the counseling, we were going to take him to eat. Marc gave him a choice of fried chicken, hamburgers or pizza. He chose peaksa (his pronunciation). When we got to Pizza Hut, he sat down in the booth and smiled. We let him order a pepsi to drink. I guess the grandparents in us just popped out. We ordered a big pepperoni pizza. Fito smiled. Some bread came before the pizza and we offered him the first piece. Fito smiled. When the pizza came, Fito smiled.

When we got back to Santa Ana, I am not sure who had the most fun; Fito or Marc and I. Pray for these little children. They have been hurt so bad and need so much love and healing.

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Dear Terri,
Oh how nice hearing about your time spent with this child, fito.

I know that the love these children get from every Christian who cares for them is seeds planted for their soul.

What did you cook on that new stove? I can just see you in your kitchen making pumpkin fudge. LOL
Remember when you and I tried to make it?

Keep walking closely with Jesus and pray without ceasing.

I think I realize more than ever that life is short. Saving it up won’t make it longer, or better. The best we can do is live fully everyday with the full expectation that this is temporary. But what comes next will be so much better. You bring this home to me almost every time I read your blog.

Thanks for finding time to share these beautiful experiences.

love and prayers,
Ginger in Columbus, Mississippi