Monday, October 1, 2007

Copan By Day

I rose this morning to a find a beautiful day. Copan is beautiful, much more so than I thought last night. Breakfast is included everyday in that $34.00. Breakfast is on the roof top with a thatched hut over it. I was thinking continental breakfast. But we received a full breakfast with magnificent coffee. We sat drinking coffee, eating breakfast and looking over this beautiful city. As pretty as everything is, we are constantly reminded of why we are here. Yesterday through the beauty, we saw houses that were nothing more than hovels with people living in them. We saw people walking through the rain carrying wood with no umbrella, no pancho. We sat eating a grand breakfast by any standard, when many people in this country will eat nothing today. Even here in Copan, where the people are a bit wealthier due to tourism, we saw a couple of street kids. Not like in Tegucigalpa, where they are everywhere. Language school is so we can better communicate and help this empoverished nation. Everywhere the need is great in this country. Please pray that I see things as they really are in here and not just the beauty that hides so much unpleasantness, the hunger, the homelessness, the hopelessness. Pray that I make a difference to someone each day and that Jesus is seen in me.

Terri

Terri

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Hi Terri,
There is no doubt in my mind that you and Marc will make a huge difference in Honduras. Yes you will be able to communicate soon and tell so many people you come in contact with how much Jesus loves them all.
I am glad that you can enjoy the beauty of God in the Copan area.
I would imagine even the poor are blessed to see it.
Have a great day tomorrow.
love,
Ginger
(Columbus, MS)