Saturday, November 14, 2009

Nohemy and Manuel

Nohemy before we left Casitas Kennedy
Manuel at home

Manuel with Luis at Casitas Kennedy.


Yay!! We got our internet back yesterday. Everyone is wanting to see pictures of these two precious babies. Here they are.



Little Manuel has the eating and walking skills of a baby that is about 10-12 months old. He wobbles as he walks just like one who is first learning to walk. He doesn't do much better at feeding himself, but right now he doesn't have to worry. There are plenty of people here ready to feed him whenever he desires. He seems really happy. He loves milk. I think he would drink it all day long. He drinks from a sippy cup. I wonder if he has ever been fed anything except from a bottle.



Sweet, sweet Nohemy is starving for love. Every time I walk by, she reaches up for me to pick her up. And so far, I have not disappointed her. She was deliced yesterday. Sandra told me there were lots and lots of lice. Not unusual for the kids that come from Casitas Kennedy. She is missing several teeth. They were rotten bad teeth and they have been pulled. Thankfully, they are baby teeth, not permanent teeth. She will be near toothless for about three years. She can color fairly well, but has not a clue with what color she is coloring. I guess she will start kindergarten in February. Nohemy doesn't hold her fork like a four or five year old should, but she manages to eat. She gets a lot of food off of the plate. And when she finishes, she picks up the plate and lick it clean. She plays by herself a lot. I sure she will learn to start playing with the other girls. She is starting to adjust.



It is not unusual for the new kids to start hitting the other kids three or four days after they come here. There is a lot of things to get used to. Nohemy started hitting the day she got here. She is tough. There is just no telling what the little thing has already lived through. But, she is just as sweet as they come.



Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big smile on Manuels face already and I expect one on Nohemy soon. How fortuniate for them to be accepted into this lovely place. Will be anxious to hear more of them. linda

Ginger said...

Terri,
I have been out of the loop due to lots going on here but I have gotten caught up reading the blogs today.

You never fail to amaze me. You all accomplish so much good.

I know that Jesus is so proud that these children are finally in good hands.

I saw pictures of Haley on Sara's and Carla's facebook. I keep seeing you when I look at her. Growing up so fast.

I made it through ministry fair and other committments today.

love, Ginger

Jonathan said...

great pictures! i'm so thankful that they have a real family now!

can't wait to meet them!