Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Adjusting To Life In The USA

I am too old to start my life over.  But, sometimes, there is no choice.  When I found myself moving back to the States, I eliminated every where but four places.  Two of those were eliminated because there is no family in those two places.  That left Borger and Baton Rouge.  Borger was a safe bet.  Baton Rouge had granddaughters.  Even though they were the trump card, it was not an easy decision.

It was with fear and trepidation that I left Childress on a cold, cold morning in January.  I got on US287S and headed to an even colder Baton Rouge.  It would have been very easy to stay in Childress or head north to Borger.

There are many things that I do like about being back in the States.  Worship.  Variety of eating places.  Nice highways and roads.  Bookstores and libraries.  Buying a different coffee creamer every time.  Spring in the south.  Oh my, I do love spring in the south.  These are a few of my favorite things.




Banking and buying is so easy.  Even getting my driver's license and registering my car was easy.

I am overwhelmed by the changes in technology.  And, do we really need 1000 toothpaste and shampoo choices?  I stand in the aisles and stare and wonder how I am ever suppose to decide with that many choices.  Life is busier here.  Life is different,  That can be both good and bad.

I miss my friends, my church, the kids.  Sadness overcomes me some days.  Those days are getting fewer.

I don't like looking for a job.  It is hard work.  But that is necessary and, hopefully, looking for work won't last forever.

I do like resting and sleeping.  Eating regular meals.  Reading books.  Taking walks.  There was not much time for any of that while in Honduras.

I think I am adjusting, be it ever so slowly.

2 comments:

Sylvia Johnson Collins said...

Welcome Home! Sylvia

Sylvia Johnson Collins said...

Well Home -- you also have a home with MANY people who love you in Columbus!