Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Brave Song

Sweet Emma has a lot of fears and anxieties.  She has what she calls her brave songs.  They help her be brave.  One of her brave songs has the words, " I'm no longer a slave to fear.  I am a child of God."  She really does get braver and lose her fears when she hears her brave songs.

When a person my age starts looking for a job, there are a lot of fears also.  Simply applying for a job is drastically different than before I left for Honduras ten years ago.  And, interviewing is not as easy either.  Yes, there is a lot of fear there.  There is also fear in knowing you have bills and you have to buy food.  I have money for the next few months, but it is hard not to think, "what if I don't have a job when this stops?,  What if...?, What if...?"

Now, I have my own brave song.  It is "Wait Upon The Lord."  I know God has this.  I know that.  Sometimes there is fear in waiting.  God has this.  I will wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord.

Emma and I can be brave together.

No comments: