Sunday, September 10, 2017

I Cried A Million Tears

Twenty  five years ago, the Tindalls moved to Antioch.  Antioch has never been the same.  We were never the same.

In our neighborhood, everyone was new.  The neighborhood was full of kids.  We made friends quickly.  Our church was full of warm, welcoming people.  Again we made friends quickly.  Those deep friendships that last a life time.

As in every place, I have lived there has been some bad things happen, but there are many  sweet memories that were made in Antioch.  Haunted houses.  The food pantry.  Neighborhood parties.  Many, many more.

I have been blessed to be in Antioch since Tuesday afternoon.  The changes and growth are unbelievable.  I rode around with my mouth open saying, "I can't believe this."

Antioch, you were good to me this week.  You have always been good to me.  I have seen one friend from my neighborhood and several from church.  I did not see everyone, but I saw several.

This morning in church, it felt like home.  Even after all these years.  Tonight in church, there was a song service and then ice cream fellowship.  The songs.  The friends.  The memories.  They overpowered me.  During one song, I had the whole row crying.  I thought I might do it again.  I didn't.

Yes, I have cried a million tears this week.  Good friends and good memories do that to me.

Until next time, Antioch.

No comments: