Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Night Football

I grew up in Texas.  And, for those of you that do not know, football is king.  Every high school in the state that can field a team was playing tonight.  Some in huge stadiums, some in not so big stadiums.  In little towns, like Borger, most of the town goes.

I was little when I started going to watch the Borger Bulldogs play on Friday night.  My family went to every home game.  By the time I was in junior high and high school, it was a lot more fun to go with friends than family.

It has been a long time since I have been to a Friday night football game in Borger.  But, I went tonight with Janet and Rick.  I had fun.  The stadium.  The lights. The band. The fight song  The traditions.  The memories.

Many years ago, Tanya and I spent many Friday nights cheering our team.


Shauna came and sat with us, too.

In the section next to us, the class of '77 was having a reunion.  The class of  '74 had our own mini reunion.

Borger did not win tonight.  I think that has been the case many times this season.  I still had fun.

The first game in this stadium was played in 1952.  At the end of this season, 2 more home games, this stadium will be torn down and new stadium built. 

It is kind of sad to see this old stadium go.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the reminiscing and getting together.