Saturday, September 17, 2016

Cape Elizabeth Lighthouse And Portland

Today was a perfect day.  Weather wise and otherwise.  I spent it with Nathan, Julia and Thatcher.  We went to Portland.

After stops at the Derry post office and the Portsmouth Wal-Mart to buy Thatcher new clothes after he got car sick, we were on our way to Portland.  I have never been to  Maine.  Maine is the 2nd new state I have visited this trip.  The first stop in Maine was the Cape Elizabeth lighthouse.  I love lighthouses.  I was so excited.  I was not disappointed.  Cape Elizabeth has a beautiful lighthouse.  Of course, I took pictures from different angles.






Then, I took some of the water and shore, too



I took a lot more pictures than what I am posting.  If you know me, that goes without saying.

The drive into Portland was short.  Our main goal was lunch.  We were hungry.  Since it was a perfect day,there were a lot of people out and about in Portland and most places had a line, even though it was after 1:00.  We chose J's Oysters, mostly because it had the shortest line.  We looked at the menu while we waited.  We were ready to order as soon as we were seated.  I had a cup of clam chowder and a lobster roll.  The lobster roll had a very generous portion of lobster.


And, a couple of pictures in Portland.

I think the day can best be described by the following picture taken while we were at the lighthouse.
I thank you.. for most this amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirit of trees and a blue true dream of sky and for everything which is natural which is infinite, which is yes.

e.e. cummings

I would also add and thank you for this time with my family.



No comments: