Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Family

Behind my relationship with God, my family is the most important thing I have. I realize that I am very blessed to have grown up in a good family.  I knew, without a doubt, that my parents loved me.  I was blessed to live near my grandparents and my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  I have pleasant memories of family gatherings. And daily events as well, since we all lived so close. 

I love my family, all of them, but there is nothing as special as my grandchildren.  I get to see three of them everyday, and for that, I am very thankful.  I miss Thatcher and Camille so much. 

Matt's parents are here.  They had Christmas with the girls the other night.  I watched as they poured love on the girls and showered them with presents.  It was fun for the girls and fun for the grandparents. 

As I watched, my mind was set into motion that this is the way it is suppose to be.  Loving parents and doting grandparents.

But, it is not that way for the Casa kids.  They do not know grandparents.  Or aunts, uncles, cousins.  Some do not even know the parents.  This is sad.  Really sad. 

We love these kids.  We are trying our hardest to give them a decent life.  But we are not family. 

I think how excited Emmy is every morning when she sees me and runs to give me a hug.  These children have never been excited to see a grandparent. Never run into the waiting arms for a hug.

 These kids know we love them.  They also know that we are not family. 

As we plan our holidays, surrounded by family, please remember the little ones all over the world, that have to family with whom to share this season.

No comments: