Friday, April 25, 2014

Francisco

While Matt and Nicole are in the States, I am buying the food for the feeding center.  I went to PriceSmart and the market and then headed to Buen Samaritano.  We unloaded the food and I paid the employees and for the water and wood.  My last stop is always to pay for the tortillas. 

We have a friend named Francisco.  He owns a little pulperia.  His wife makes the tortillas for the feeding center.  I pulled up and Francisco was sitting there reading his Bible.  He ran to the car and told me he was studying the Word.  He then told me he would soon begin praying and there would be no five minute prayers for him.  And then he said probably three hours. 

Then he began to pray over me.  And, I do need to be prayed over.  You have never really been prayed over until Francisco prays over you.  He has a deep relationship with the person to whom he was praying.  It was very touching.

I felt very blessed when he finished.   But, I was kind of glad it did not last three hours.  It was almost 1:00 and I had not had lunch.

No comments: